For over 20 years, our award-winning festival has welcomed thousands of visitors from all over North America to the beautiful lakeside town of Kincardine to join us in celebrating all things Scottish.
JOIN OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM!
A good candidate for our leadership positions should have:
- Strong commitment to sustaining and supporting Kincardine Scottish Festival's mission to celebrate, educate and exhibit the rich Scottish heritage of Kincardine ad Bruce County;
- Desire to work with like-minded volunteers to plan and execute the best possible Festival experience for our patrons;
- Ability to committee and average of four hours per week, more during the peak build-up times (varies by area)
- Ability to direct and execute through volunteer teams;
- Available for the entire Festival weekend: Friday, Saturday and Sunday (first weekend in July)
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying, express your interest in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions. In addition, please send a copy of your resume attached to your email.
1. What interests you most about the opportunity to serve in a leadership role with the Festival and why?
2. What skills and experience do you have that would be an asset to our team?
3. Please describe one thing you think that the Scottish Festival could improve on and why.
The award-winning Kincardine Scottish Festival & Highland Games attracts thousands of visitors each year. The Festival is a non-profit community effort that relies on sponsorships and grants and the generous donation of time of over 400 volunteers. The primary goal of the Festival is to enhance and ensure the preservation of Kincardine's Scottish roots. The Festival also honours the traditions and contributions of Scottish culture within the Canadian multi-cultural mosaic.